Friday, October 24, 2008

Returned

I must reiterate the sentiments of the famous blogger Ben Awhile. You know the script: I can't believe it's been this long since I blogged...things are busy, going good with my diabetes, learning more how to manage the low carb way, wondering if I should cut back on my 6-7x/day testing, yada, yada. I've been blogging occasionally on my Diabetes Daily blog, so if you're interested in my diabetes journaling, you can read more there.

I have a few ideas about controversial subjects to blog about here, but just don't have the motivation to finalize them. Supplements, Statins, Cholesterol...maybe someday. Since I know these topics will most likely be addressed in my usual, non-succinct manner, it seems a bit daunting to get started.

It does amaze me, however, to see some (who use common sense, conservative approaches to diabetes management and diet) lose that sense when it comes to political ideas by embracing ideas that boil down to the thinking that those who earn money (whatever the amount) are obligated to give it to those who don't. Apparently, finding proof that someone doesn't have a license is more important than the fact that government wants to extract from its citizens more than what it needs to operate necessary functions and instead play the arbiter of who gets money and how much. Freedom means you keep what you earn and have access to possesses individual property. It is not freedom if the government can extract my individual earnings and property and distribute it to anyone--including fraudulent voter registration organizations.

No comments: