Friday, June 13, 2008

On Display and Good Intentions

As you can see, my frequency in posting is few and far in between. It would be a pretty rare occurrence even if I only had one blog I was pretending to maintain, but for three it is definitely sluggish. I thought I'd submit this blog to the Diabetes Daily blogroll, and now am not sure that all the controversial content will be of much interest there. Oh well, I may have the right of free speech, but I definitely don't have the right to be heard!

Anyway, I came across this cartoon on one of the daily feeds and it struck me how well it illustrated what I've been doing with diabetes and thinking of blogging/journaling about. Not much has changed as far as management or results lately. However, I have been trying a variety of easy, low-carb recipes which have been tasty. They haven't affected my blood sugar that much, but I'm sure I'm getting more than my base calories in the extra protein and fats. In order to maintain an interesting variety on this way of eating, I intended to keep these recipes and probably make them often.

The cartoon was from Cartoonbank.com by Zachary Kanin. Man at a party is saying to a woman, "The key to being a writer is to take all the sadness and turmoil deep in the center of your being and channel it into a diet cookbook."

No comments: